2nd Workshop on Security and Privacy in the Internet of Things (SePrIoT)
In our daily life, we interact with lots of IT devices. We use these connected devices for lots of purposes such as to access documents in the cloud, visualize photos, measure the temperature in a smart home, etc. This trend has been called the Internet of Things (IoT).
The potential use cases for IoT are quite varied. For example, IoT can be used in the healthcare sector to monitor body functions in a remote way. Another scenario which is attracting attention is the interconnection of vehicles, forming a particular type of network referred to as VANET. This enables driving vehicles to enjoy advanced safety-related, traffic management infotainment services.
Despite the huge amount of benefits that these devices and networks provide, security and privacy cannot be taken for granted. In an era in which our data lives in the cloud and it is shared among many people and devices, security and privacy are key pieces of the jigsaw. Even more, the widespread interest in the IoT and its associated technologies (RFID, NFC, etc.) and the criticality of their applications (medical, monitoring, etc.) call for developing tailored approaches suitable for their constrained resources. Thus, the time is now for searching for novel approaches in this regard.
The workshop targets to address novel approaches in security and privacy in the field. Expected contributions have to identify novel models, techniques, protocols, algorithms or architectures, etc. that provide the said properties. Papers focusing on particular IoT settings (e.g. healthcare, vehicular networks, etc.) fall within the scope. As a difference with other venues, controversial approaches (i.e., those that are based on opposite foundations as the mainstream) are welcome. Position papers and work in progress submissions will also be considered.
Scientists and practitioners all over the world are invited to take part in this Workshop. Proposals which include an implementation and evaluation of the proposed approach would stand out from the rest.
Selected (and presented) papers, after further extensions, will be published in the Special Issue of the SePrIoT conference in the Mobile Networks and Applications Journal. Furthermore, other outstanding papers will be considered for publication in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety.
- Privacy and anonymity in the IoT
- Authentication and access control in the IoT
- Confidentiality in the IoT
- Trust in the IoT
- Risk management/ assessment in the IoT
- Security architectures in the IoT
- Hardware security for the IoT
- Cryptographic algorithms in the IoT
- Secure and private location-based services for the IoT
- Novel applications, services and secure mechanisms for IoT-enabled settings (e.g. healthcare services, VANETs, etc.)
Full Paper Submission deadline:
20th April 2018 extended 4th May 2018
Notification and Registration Opens: 15th May 2018
Camera-ready deadline: 10th June 2018
- Accepted and presented papers will be published in SECURECOMM Proceedings by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
- SecureComm proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, and more.
- Authors of selected best accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version to: EAI Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety
- Submit your paper into EasyChair system here.
- Papers should be in English.
- Workshop papers should have maximum 20 pagesin length.
- Previously published work may not be submitted, nor may the work be concurrently submitted to any other conference or journal. Such papers will be rejected without review.
- The paper submissions must follow the SPRINGER formatting guidelines (seeAuthor’s kit section).
- Read thePublication Ethics and Malpractice Statement.
INSTRUCTIONS AND TEMPLATES
Papers must be formatted using the SPRINGER Author’s Kit. Detailed instructions and templates are available.
Pawel Szalachowski, Singapore University of Technology and Design