6th International Workshop on Applications and Techniques in Cyber Security
The 6th International Workshop on Applications and Techniques in Cyber Security (ATCS 2018) focuses on all aspects of techniques and applications in cybersecurity research. The purpose of ATCS 2018 is to provide a forum for presentation and discussion of innovative ideas, cutting-edge research results, and novel techniques, methods and applications on all aspects of Cyber Security and Machine Learning.
The workshop intends to attract the cybersecurity research community around the world. In the inaugural event in 2013, we received 22 papers and accepted six papers. Each paper was reviewed by at least three independent experts (i.e. acceptance rate of 27.27%). Four best papers were published in a special issue of Journal of Networks. In 2014, we received 32 papers all over the world and accepted 12 papers – the acceptance rate was ~37%. Since then, the acceptance rate is ~37% in 2015, ~29% in 2016, and ~35% in 2017.
Workshop topics: Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Access control
- Language-based Security
- Anti-Virus and Anti-Worms
- Malicious software
- Authentication and Authorization
- Network Security
- Cloud Security
- Operating System Security
- Computer / Digital Forensics
- Privacy Protection
- Data and System Integrity
- Risk Evaluation and Security Certification
- Database Security
- Security for Cyber-physical Systems
- Distributed Systems Security
- Security for Mobile Computing
- Electronic Commerce Security
- Security Models
- Crypto/Security Systems
- Security Protocols
- Information Hiding and Watermarking
- Smartphone Security
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Software Security
- Intrusion Detection
- Trusted and Trustworthy Computing
- Key Management and Key Recovery
- Algorithms for efficient classification and clustering
- Forensic computing
- Smartphone Security
- Smart grid cybersecurity
- Data leakage detection
- Sensitive data identification and protection
All accepted and presented papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
SecureComm proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version to EAI Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety.
Submission Deadline: April 20, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: May 15, 2018
Camera-ready deadline: June 10, 2017
Workshop Date: August 8, 2018
Papers should be submitted through EASYCHAIR. Click here.
Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Papers must be clearly presented in English and have to comply with the SPRINGER format (as per ). Papers will be selected based on their originality, timeliness, significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation.
Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and attend the conference to present the work.
- Jemal H. Abawajy, Deakin University, Australia.
- Rafiqul Islam, Charles Sturt University, Australia.
- Kim-Kwang Raymond Choo, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA.